Notice Board

N-LIST Activation email sent to Staff and Students... Please change the password...

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Computer Security Day




COMPUTER SECURITY DAY

Computer Security Day is observed annually on November 30.
Identity theft, fake frauds, ransomware viruses and more can make our online experiences challenging.

HOW TO OBSERVE
Here is a checklist you can follow to help secure your computer.
  • Windows Update is enabled.
  • Antivirus software is installed and running.
  • Windows Firewall is turned on.
  • The software on my computer is up to date.
  • Strong passwords are always used.
  • Passwords are not shared or written down.
  • A password is required to access my computer.
  • Unused programs are removed.
  • My home wireless network is secured.
  • My important data is regularly backed up.
  • I use caution when I browse the Internet.
  • I log off the computer when I’m not using it.
  • My web browser does not store or remember my passwords.
  • Temporary Internet files are periodically removed.
HISTORY
The first Computer Security Day was in 1988 started by the Association for Computer Security to raise awareness concerning computer security issues.